1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Default and contact ringtones changed all by itself!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dornier, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dornier

dornier Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    I had a default ringtone selected (old phone), then I selected different ringtones for some of my contacts. It worked fine for several days, then all of a sudden I would hear a classical song and think my phone was playing music all by itself. It turns out that every contact had specific classical song for a ringtone. Each contact was assigned the exact same song and I never changed anything. The only thing I did that might of caused this was to remove and replace the 2GB microSD with an 8GB. I copied all of the folders and files, but I wonder if this is what caused this to happen.

What are your thoughts?

GP

Advertisement

2. MollyOReilley

MollyOReilley New Member

May 19, 2013
    This exact thing just happened to me, except that each contact still had a different ringtone, but instead of taking them from my ringtones folder, they were coming from a folder of music that I'd added. I had also just swapped out my SD card for a larger one and transferred all my folders and files to the new card.

I suppose I'm not terribly encouraged that you didn't get a reply. ;-) But I'm hoping someone who's around now can explain this.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I've got an HTC Desire S, if that makes a difference.

Tags: