• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Browser from launcher

sherlock5545

Android Expert
Dec 18, 2011
London, UK
Hi,
I was wondering whether I can set the browser icon on the TouchWiz launcher to open Dolphin HD instead of the stock browser.

Here's a screenshot:

1835516727.png

I want to keep that highlighted icon but want it to launch Dolphin, is that possible?

Hi,
I was wondering whether I can set the browser icon on the TouchWiz launcher to open Dolphin HD instead of the stock browser.

Here's a screenshot:

1835516727.png

I want to keep that highlighted icon but want it to launch Dolphin, is that possible?

Don't know if it is possible with the stock Touchwiz launcher, but it is with Nova Launcher and several others. Once you have the launcher installed, tap and hold the icon or folder you want to change (like iOS to get the icons to wiggle), click edit and then click on the icon. Replace with any icon you make or download.

I have altered all of my folders and apps. That Firefox logo at the bottom of my screen actually launches Maxthon Web Browser.

18179939-76b1-77bf.jpg

Upvote 0
The very first time I tapped on that icon I had several browsers installed and a pop up menu offered me a choice of browsers with which to complete the action, and it had a check box to make my choice a default action, and I chose the same app, Internet (the stock browser).

There must be a way of changing the default action.

Upvote 0
The very first time I tapped on that icon I had several browsers installed and a pop up menu offered me a choice of browsers with which to complete the action, and it had a check box to make my choice a default action, and I chose the same app, Internet (the stock browser).

There must be a way of changing the default action.

Go to the browser app in the Manage Applications and clear defaults. Work for any apps that you have set default for.

Upvote 0
I tried to go to the Application Manager and found the stock browser but it says there's no default set, so I can't clear anything. Any ideas?

No default set would mean exactly that, did you go to app manager and find the app 'internet' because 'internet' is the stock browser, if internet states no default set then it could be another browser app that has defaults on it.

Check your phone for other internet apps such as dolphin hd & ics+ and try clearing defaults on them

Upvote 0
I checked, no other browser is set as "default", I cleared all of them, but still the same. Clicking the icon on the launcher opens the stock browser.

Do you not understand? Take whatever browser you want to use and alter its icon to whatever you want it to look like. This is what you are claimng you want to do.

And as I said above, I use Maxthone Web Browser as my default one, but the icon in my iage above is Firefox. When I click on it Maxthon loads, not Friefox.

Upvote 0
Do you not understand? Take whatever browser you want to use and alter its icon to whatever you want it to look like. This is what you are claimng you want to do.

And as I said above, I use Maxthone Web Browser as my default one, but the icon in my iage above is Firefox. When I click on it Maxthon loads, not Friefox.

But that involves changing the launcher, I was asking whether it is possible without changing TouchWiz for something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones