• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default browser issue

clokwork

Dec 16, 2009
It seems after the device has been running for a day or two, the internet browser will cease to fully load web pages. The load bar will get to some point and stop and the page never fully loads. No other web based apps are affected. At first I would restart the device and that, of course, would fix it. Lately I ended up just force stopping the browser and that fixed it as well, but this is a bit annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this? I saw something a tad similar in the Eris forum, but didn't quite seem like the same issue. I also searched here, but didn't see the exact same problem.

It seems after the device has been running for a day or two, the internet browser will cease to fully load web pages. The load bar will get to some point and stop and the page never fully loads. No other web based apps are affected. At first I would restart the device and that, of course, would fix it. Lately I ended up just force stopping the browser and that fixed it as well, but this is a bit annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this? I saw something a tad similar in the Eris forum, but didn't quite seem like the same issue. I also searched here, but didn't see the exact same problem.

Yes, I have had the similar problems a few times. I ended up using another browser. Or I had to keep refreshing.

Upvote 0
Glad to know that I am not the only one. This is very annoying. I end up finding out when my facebook emails point me to the touch.facebook page and nothing ends up showing. I then go on to try other web pages only to find they may halfway load at most. If this is somewhat widespread, hopefully this gets fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones