1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Default browser multiple tabs remaining open

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derick1865, Jan 13, 2014.

1. derick1865

derick1865 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Male
    I do have Chrome installed on my S3 but not really liking it. I want to fix an issue on the stock internet search browser. In Chrome this does not happen but since upgrading to the 4.3 3.0.31 software it has been occurring constantly on the default browser. I use the old News and Weather app that came with the first generation Droid. I like it because it gives me a small slice quick down and dirty on what's happening. If I click a link to a story...read...close...then open another story and do the same. Later when I open the default search to look something up all those old story tabs are still open. I know how to click and close the multiple tabs I just want them to close when I am finished. It is not just with this app either...links in facebook, emails etc remain open as well. I have looked at all the settings and searched the web but no help. Anything I may be missing or dump the stock browser and stick with Chrome. I know that's the easy way out but I like to fix something when I think it's broken. Thanks-DD

Advertisement

2. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Just delete all windows when done.

3. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, I don't know if this will help but under Developer Options there is a menu item near the bottom of the page (you have to scroll down) called "Do not keep activities", as I say, whether ticking this box will do what you want I don't know, but worth a try. Phil
    p.s. To enable Developer Options in 4.3 open settings>About Device>Build Number, tap on it seven times.

4. derick1865

derick1865 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Male
    Wow this is the closest to a workaround I have come to. It does prevent multiple tabs. I will have to leave it in this mode to see if I like. Some apps when you go to the previous page will restart the app completely. I appreciate the info!