• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Droid Wallpaper?

Thanks for your reply. Did you mean to say that the other way around? I do not have any pictures in my phone, so when selecting pictures it just displays "No media found". When selecting wallpaper gallery the wallpaper I am looking for (the background that the phone starts off with) is not one of the ones listed. Is it hidden somewhere?

Upvote 0
Well I installed OpenHome just to try this. Yes it does add another icon to the menu key, but when going into skins and setting it to Android Default Skin, it just takes you back to what whatever was set as your wallpaper. Thanks for trying though. It has to be on the phone somewhere, I would think.

Upvote 0
Hmmm ... on mine I had my wallpaper set to something from the gallery before getting openhome and locale changes it back to that one frequently, but when I chose default android skin it put the original back on. I verified it with the video.

This is strange....

I searched with Google and found someone who did a factory reset to get it back, but that seems a bit drastic.

Just a thought - have you powered off and back on since loading openhome. One other thought - I did pay for the full version. I don't know if it could be a difference between the free and paid versions.

Upvote 0
Here is a far fetched idea but try searching google images for "default droid wallpaper" or something similar and see if anyone uploaded it yet? I'll bet someone did! Or will soon!

I've done that a few times today. No luck.

I did do some reading on themes and it seems like there are databases with private spaces, and that is likely where the wallpaper is hiding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones