• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Google Calendar

Frank1000

Nov 27, 2013
Hi,
when i go to the google calendar app, it shows me a "My calendar" as my default calendar. I didn't set this "My calendar" up and it's also not showing in my google calendar when logged in from a PC.
The thing is that "My calendar" does accept entries, but theses entries are not visible when i log into google calender from elswhere than the Galaxy S4.

Any hint appreciated on how to
a) move all events from "My calendar" over to my usual default calender with My_Name.

b) delete the My_calendar

c) make My_Name calendar the default calendar on the S4 as well, which then also shows all entries from all my own or shared other turned on calendars.

Thx,
Frank

Trying to help,but not sure I know enough.

I don't know what a google calendar app is. Is that something you downloaded from Play?

I use the stock calendar that came with the phone (AT&G GS4). It's a brown/tan theme out of the box. To be honest I have no idea whether this stock app is provided by Samsung or by Google as part of Android. But it does show/sync all my Google Calendar items. It says "calendar" at the top, doesn't say "my calendar" anywhere.

Upvote 0
yea, probably Samsung S4 made or has it's own My_Calendar for each phone by default. Just waiting now that all entries of mine in it run out, and keep making entries in my other google calendars from now on. Then i'll just delete it and everything continues to work i think.

Thx,
Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones