1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Default Google Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frank1000, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Frank1000

Frank1000 Newbie

Hi,
    when i go to the google calendar app, it shows me a "My calendar" as my default calendar. I didn't set this "My calendar" up and it's also not showing in my google calendar when logged in from a PC.
    The thing is that "My calendar" does accept entries, but theses entries are not visible when i log into google calender from elswhere than the Galaxy S4.

Any hint appreciated on how to
    a) move all events from "My calendar" over to my usual default calender with My_Name.

b) delete the My_calendar

c) make My_Name calendar the default calendar on the S4 as well, which then also shows all entries from all my own or shared other turned on calendars.

Thx,
    Frank

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Trying to help,but not sure I know enough.

I don't know what a google calendar app is. Is that something you downloaded from Play?

I use the stock calendar that came with the phone (AT&G GS4). It's a brown/tan theme out of the box. To be honest I have no idea whether this stock app is provided by Samsung or by Google as part of Android. But it does show/sync all my Google Calendar items. It says "calendar" at the top, doesn't say "my calendar" anywhere.

3. Frank1000

Frank1000 Newbie

yea, probably Samsung S4 made or has it's own My_Calendar for each phone by default. Just waiting now that all entries of mine in it run out, and keep making entries in my other google calendars from now on. Then i'll just delete it and everything continues to work i think.

Thx,
    Frank

4. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

In the app, bring up the menu and click on calendars>Add Account, and then add your Google account.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews