1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Default home launcher issue...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D.Doksa, Feb 21, 2011.

1. D.Doksa

D.Doksa Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2010
    I cannot set my default home launcher. I am running ADW EX, but the stock launcher is still running in the background. I tried using home switcher and home manager, but they both.want me to go under Manage Apps and clear the default then press my home key. However, both launchers say "no default set" and when I short press the home key it just goes to my home screen and a long press brings up my recently opened apps.

Any help?

Advertisement

2. D.Doksa

D.Doksa Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2010
    So, 29 views. Does nobody know the answer, or am I just asking a stupid question?

3. Ageguy

Ageguy Member
    None

Jan 2, 2011
    well i will try to answer this. since i am asumeing you are not rooted then i will say you stock home screen will allways be running in the background no mater what you do. what i did before rooting when i had adw installed was shut down adw then i deleted all the icons on the stock home screen. then started adw back up. when i hit the home screen button a window popped up asking me what i wanted the phone to do when i press that button had a list with i think it said adw then launcher under it. again cant remeber for sure since it has been awhile. just below it had a box that you could check that would have the phone remember what you want it to do everytime you hit the home button. i checked the box then clicked on adw ever since everytime i hit the home button it would allways go to the adw homescreen. hope this helps. if not sorry i couldnt help more

4. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Home Switcher wouldn't work for me. Try Home Smack. I use 3 different launchers...stock, LPP and Zeam and Home Smack lets me set any of the 3 as my default launcher.