• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default mail application doesn't check for email

iszczesniak

Lurker
Oct 16, 2014
I want to use the default mail application to check for email. So I configured the application, it can check for email when I run it manually. I configured it to check for emails every 15 minutes. I also turned AutoSync on.

But it doesn't check for email automatically.

What could the problem be?

Thanks for your post.

You made me look around for the options, and I came across more options for synchronization.

I went to Settings->Accounts->Mail. There was a list of mail accounts with just one position for my account. I clicked on it, and I got to the "Synchronization" screen. There I saw "Mail. Last synchronized: ...." with a checkbox next to it. I checked it. No synchronization. Then I rebooted and it works.

It works!

My phone is Pentagram Monster (also known as Innos D9) with Android 4.1.2, firmware v. 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones