• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Mail for Mail App - HTC Rezound

OvermanIT

Lurker
May 31, 2012
How can I change the default email for the Mail App? I have 2 email accounts on my phone. Work and Gmail. I would like for work to be my default email account. But in the Mail App when you drop down, Gmail says 'default' next to it. I just got a replacement Rezound. My old Rezound didnt even show Gmail in the Mail App. Is there a way to remove Gmail from the Mail app or remove it as the default? other than factory reset..

Go into your mail. At the top of the screen there is the default account with an arrow. Click on the arrow and change accounts to the one you want. With that account at the top of the screen go to menu>more>settings>general settings. There set as default. Now the new account is the default.

Thank you so much for your help.. Your instructions took care of my issue. I dont know how I didnt see that before, but im just glad its fixed. Thanks again! :D

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Hi, I was able to set my default email account ok but it does not sync with my contacts. My personal profile shows only the email I want to use but if I click on a link to a contact's email address the gmail address the AT&T salesperson activated for me is listed. Any suggestions on correcting this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones