1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Default map application

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quibble, Apr 14, 2010.

1. quibble

quibble Member

Apr 14, 2010
    UK
    Hello - noob alert so sorry if this has been asked before (I've tried searching, honestly, I have so I don't think it's been asked!!).

I've installed the maps-with-navigation for my desire from:

Add Turn by Turn Navigation To HTC Desire Nimbu

.. and it is brilliant (as is the voice control, but that's a different conversation). I now have two map applications; one with Nav and one without. Is there any way to change it so, when I look at things it defaults to using the map app with navigation rather than the phone-standard of the one without.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. quibble

quibble Member

Apr 14, 2010
    UK
    100 views and no one knows how to change the app :-(

3. miles_t

miles_t Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Why would you want navigation from other apps? Is there a specific app you are thinking about? I think as the 'real' maps app is updated reguraly its best to have that as a default anyway??

4. quibble

quibble Member

Apr 14, 2010
    UK
    I have the "real" maps that came with the phone then I also have the other version of google maps that allows turn-by-turn navigation outside of the US. When I look thigs up on t'interweb, then the original google-maps opens. If I then want to navigate, I have to copy the address and open the 2nd google maps app.

5. lekky

lekky Lover

Try going to settings > > apps > manage apps and clearing defaults on the default maps?

Tags: