• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default phone app won't unmute

kescot

Lurker
Mar 26, 2023
Andr 12, Galaxy A12/2yrs old, GSM/LTE

Actions: safe mode, other phone apps (eg virus/malware scans, installed google phone, whatsapp, talkatone, etc), swapped-out sim, google play protect, factory reset)

First time posting-I have an issue with voice calls in that my mic will not unmute (I can hear person called fine but they can't hear me). Hitting mute button only alternates green/white. Only apps tried so far with no issue are skype & voice recorder. Sim tested good in another sam phone (no mic issues).

Any untried possible fix ideas would be greatly appreciated!

well if you factory reset the phone and you are still having issues, then you ,ight have a hardware issue. i would take it in to have it looked at and hopefully fixed.
Thanks for that, ocnbrze. I thought that it might be hardware but the fact that skype and audio recorder still work fine (what's the difference between skype, whatsapp and talkatone?), I went off the hardware idea. When I reset the phone, I initiated an auto-migrate (including ver12 upgrade) from my backup. Unfortunately, my backup was made just prior to the reset so it is possible I migrated the problem back into the phone. I am now hoping there is a driver/app fix or other user who went through this with a resolution before blindly going down the hardware route. I am currently abroad and the thought of handing over my phone, for who knows how long, is not appealing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones