• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default programs?

Gnoxy

Lurker
Apr 12, 2009
Hi everybody, new to this forum and just waiting for an android phone to come to my country (Sweden). Just wondering something, when you get the phone, what apps are on it? Ive abused google to find something but without any luck. What are the default apps?

Can I send mms by default? Can I record video with it by default? The two most important extra features for me, doesnt matter if I need to get apps to do it, but kind of curious!

// Gnoxy

Hi everybody, new to this forum and just waiting for an android phone to come to my country (Sweden). Just wondering something, when you get the phone, what apps are on it? Ive abused google to find something but without any luck. What are the default apps?

Can I send mms by default? Can I record video with it by default? The two most important extra features for me, doesnt matter if I need to get apps to do it, but kind of curious!

// Gnoxy

Tjenare d

Upvote 0
Who says that there will be any "cupcake"?
There are just rumors.. There is no evidence what so ever and all official statements have denied.
Cupcake is not an update, it is a development branch. Just forget everything you read about cupcake.

One guy (pocket lint blog) wrote that some other guy at T-mobile in UK said that they would release a cupcake update in april, now its a "fact" in most forums even if google and t-mob officially denied this.

If you feel like video is important for you, don't get the G1.
I made that mistake.

Upvote 0
Who says that there will be any "cupcake"?
There are just rumors.. There is no evidence what so ever and all official statements have denied.
Cupcake is not an update, it is a development branch. Just forget everything you read about cupcake.

One guy (pocket lint blog) wrote that some other guy at T-mobile in UK said that they would release a cupcake update in april, now its a "fact" in most forums even if google and t-mob officially denied this.

If you feel like video is important for you, don't get the G1.
I made that mistake.

I think the term "cupcake" update is a loose term used for any OTA update that comes out and includes item that have been placed in the "Cupcake Branch"

So ... we can expect more OTA updates in the "Cupcake Branch" and therefore they are pieces/crumbs of the the whole cake ...

Will we see the G1 making Video from its native camera ... yet to be Seen ????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones