• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

default ringtone maker on Eris?

I had to do a factory reset on my Eris. Kept getting the "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" error and nothing but the reset worked. :(

I "lost" my ringtone app and I SWEAR I saw somewhere that Eris had a default ringtone maker app so there was no need to DL one. Can someone point me in that direction, or am I loosing my mind? :thinking: LOL

So you want to set one of your music files as the default ringtone or when you say "default ringtone maker" what are you refering to? :)
In the music app, you can set a song as your ringtone, and then you can trim it to a certain length or beginning.

Anyway, select the song in the default HTC music app, press menu, set as ringtone, and then select Trim Ringtone and then go from there.

I did that entirely by memory so the terms aren't exactly the same but should be close.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones