1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Default speakerphone since UI update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richardiow, Dec 28, 2011.

1. richardiow

richardiow Lurker

Hi, my desire HD updated to the latest version of Sense a couple of days ago, since then the speakerphone seems to be on as default for incoming and outgoing calls. I've checked and its still in the normal profile and I can't see any options in the menu for correcting it.
    Another linked issue is that the screen also stays on during a call resulting in accidental button presses with my face.
    Not really sure why these would suddenly come about but does anyone know how to correct them?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

It sounds like there's an issue with your proximity sensor. There's option in the sound settings called flip for speaker, if you turn that off it might sort. There's also an app which will turn off the screen when you're on a call: Proximity Screen Off.

richardiow likes this.
  3. richardiow

richardiow Lurker

Thanks for the tips, they solved the issues! I tried reinitialising them and now everything works fine again!
    Great forum!

El Presidente likes this.
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Glad you're all sorted and working again!

Thanks - we try!! ;)

5. araisikewai

araisikewai Newbie

I have the same problem that started just these few days, the speaker phone defaulted to on unless I'm using earphone. It happens before I update to 2.3.5, I was hoping that the update would fix this problem but it doesn't, neither does the flip to silent (unlike previous case, the screen does turn off when I receive calls, seems there was nothing wrong with the prox sensor)

Currently I'm trying to do a hard reset, what app do you suggest for me to backup the apps and data?

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews