1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Default to Download to SD Card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by batwings1, May 2, 2010.

1. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Newbie here. I searched and came up empty. Is there a way to change your settings so that downloading or saving files automatically go to the SD card?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Do you mean in the browser.

Go into browser>menu>more>settings then scroll to download storage you can change it there.

Skytown and batwings1 like this.
  3. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks. I couldn't find that. Also found the same setting in messages so when I save a picture from an MMS, it goes to the card. Thank you very much russell5!

4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

There's a crazy setting like this for email attachments too. The options were internal memory, phone memory or SD card.

5. incrediblyaddictedtoforum

Apr 8, 2010
    I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but where is this at? I found a "Temporary Attachment Storage" under General Settings for my yahoo account that had these three options. I cannot find the same options under my GMail settings though.

6. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The gmail app has very few options that you can set. It doesn't seem like the schedule can be tweaked. I ended up configuring my gmail through the other app (exchange) so I can control all those settings including freq.