1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Default Wallpaper Size?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CoasterCalla, Feb 28, 2012.

1. CoasterCalla

CoasterCalla New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I have an LG Enlighten & I recently purchased one for my wife. We love the phones, but have a problem with custom wallpapers it seems. I created a custom background for her phone and one for mine in Photoshop CS5. I use the default 320x480 resolution when creating these, so I know that they fit the screen. I upload them to the phone with no problem and then go to set the JPEG as a wallpaper and this is where I have an issue. It makes me crop the JPEG and it cuts out at least half of the image and then sets it. I want the image to show as I created it, not just half of it. Could someone please tell me if there is a separate default resolution for wallpapers? I am getting frustrated.

Advertisement

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    My guess is that your wallpaper should actually be 640 x 480 with what you want on your home screen centered in a box that is 320 x 480. I hope that works for you.

CoasterCalla likes this.
  3. HEKTakun

HEKTakun New Member

Oct 28, 2011

I had the same problem. I would re-size an image on my computer and transfer it over to my phone. Then on the phone, I went to set it as a wallpaper. But when cropping time came, it cropped off half of the image.

After a bit of trial and error I found the correct resolution for my LG Enlighten. For wallpapers to be displayed where cropping works perfectly to give you the full image. You want 430 x 320.

Here is an image I re-sized to 430 x 320. Try it out.
    http://i.imgur.com/ST01z.png
    (I don't make any copyright claims to this image)

Tags: