1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Defective battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steve03Merc, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Member

I'm fairly certain that I've got a defective battery in this thing. It's constantly running hot, and sometimes it gets up to over 110 degrees. Battery life is AWFUL and I've tried every tweak and fix I can find. Will VZW replace this for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pjspdx

pjspdx Newbie

This is usually a rogue application that is running all the time. I know you have tried everything, but have you tried a factory reset?

3. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Member

Actually yeah, a while ago when this first happened. I was on vacation in Florida (from Michigan) and the phone was overheating like crazy. It was like 99 degrees out, so I figured it was that. Then the phone was telling me I was out of storage space, so I hit it with a factory reset. And since then, it's still happened.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

try another battery and see if same thing happens

5. wcx86

wcx86 Member

Have you recently updated your Facebook app? The update was keeping my phone awake 100% of the time and draining my battery.

6. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Member

That's tough considering I don't have one. I'm about to bite the bullet and buy the gigantic 2150 though.

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

dont know anyone with an touch pro or eris or evo?

8. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Member

Oddly enough, now that I think about it, I don't.

9. sabrewings

sabrewings Android Expert

Did you reinstall all of your apps immediately or did you use it for a few days to see if it does it fresh?

10. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Member

I didn't know about Titanium Backup the first time it happened, so there was a span of a few days before I got all my programs and stuff reinstalled.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews