• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Defective screen?

crazydog

May 20, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
So I just got my Xoom today, and I've only had it out of the box and powered on for an hour and fifty minutes.

I noticed then when I put a little pressure on the screen (as if I'm tapping something), I get a distortion in a specific spot on the screen. Most LCDs will do this if you put too much pressure on the screen, and then at the point that you are applying pressure. My Xoom does it in the same spot no matter where I touch the screen.

I'm sure if I take it into Costco they'd exchange it right away, but it's rather disappointing that I'd have to do that. Does anyone know if this may only be temporary? It did ship from somewhere near sea level to where I am, at 7000ft, but I really doubt that's the issue.

Video:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones