• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Defender unpacking

michaelkahl

Android Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2009
Otterbox Defender
So far so good.

EDIT: So after my first evening with the case I thought I'd post my initial impressions. The case is a dust/lent magnet but this is no different than other silicone cases I've seen. I've had some issues with the screen protector sticking to my phantom skinz protector but it's quickly fixed by pressing on both sides of the case. It's nothing like I used to see on my 3gs Defender.
The screen protector does affect viewing quality of the screen, but it's not bad and you get used to it. The screen still looks better compared to the EVO's washed out screen.
The belt clip works well. My 3gs only fell because of the poor belt clip design, but this one seems more secure. Speaking of which, no drop test yet :)

Thanks I was about to correct it.

No problem. Great video BTW. Answered a lot of my questions about the case. I like how the belt clip doubles as a stand. But I still have one question. The camera has a cover like the screen does right? Oh, and where did you order your case? I saw Fed-Ex on the envelope it came in so I'm assuming you ordered it straight form Otterbox. Just curious cause that was some real fast shipping.

Upvote 0
Here are some additional up close images. I'm showing the cover for the lens / flash as well as the inside of the front cover. You can see the hole for the optical trackball and the dark cloth that covers the speaker.
I also have a couple more things to note.
1. Without my Phantom Skinz applied (I had front only) the phone feels loose inside the case. Not sure if this is by design.
2. Again, without the Phantom Skinz, I eliminated the sticky screen issue but now it feels like a resistive touch screen of sorts. You can feel the protector depress onto the glass.
3. Lint/Dust magnet!
4. It feels great in the hand and the belt clip is much better than the 3gs and older style defender clips. I haven't had one accidental drop. When I used my 3gs it would always fall out.
5. I compared it to a friends 3gs defender and a Seidio Rugged case and it's actually bulkier than both! It was surprising, but not much bulkier.
5114409372_419e1300bd_z.jpg

5113806575_48ef365f76_z.jpg

5113805061_e22af9eb59_z.jpg

5114405340_07a6216d38_z.jpg

Reactions: crkohl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones