• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Defending yourself.. Can a male hit a female?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
http://news.yahoo.com/video/girl-caught-camera-kneeing-another-130656977.html

this video had me thinking...
this situation is different. I think that boy asked for it... bullying her online ... and then throwing water at her face. he will not do that any more!!! :p

this is a dilemma... how can a man... be respected after defending himself against a female?

say a woman comes up and attacks me.. for NO-good reason. punching and scratching and slapping.
I try to walk away.. but she just follows and continues..
so.. I pop her in the stomach to stop her (totally made up situation)

I would look bad to bystander.. to friends.. to police!!!
I would be screwed .. if I do .. or if I don't!

I have had a situation that fits your criteria. During my previous marriage my ex-wife was shall we say a tad bit unbalanced (bi-polar) and during an argument she became violent and physical. (This was towards the end of our time together - for obvious reasons.) I tried to escape but she slammed the door before I could get out of it and was literally hitting me as hard as she could. I basically dropped to a crouch and covered my face with my arms and let her have at me. She didn't take kindly to this and stepped back a bit confused by it (I assume) I took that opportunity to pull my cell phone from my pocket and call 911.

The police came and separated us and of course the line of questioning to me was what had I done to her, why did I hit her, etc. To which all I could say was, look at her and look at me, if I had hit her or done anything to her there would be evidence of said assault, and then I said, now look at my back, my neck, my arms and tell me what happened.

They took statements, calmed the situation down and left. No charges were filed.

So .... no I will not ever, under any circumstances hit a woman (or hurt a woman) in defense of myself. That said, if some extreme, movie or TV like crazy, situation occurred and I was protecting my family, my wife or my children, I'd do what I had to do, consequences be dammed.
Does that count as an answer? (A lot of qualifiers in there...lol)

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
This is one of those hot topics that can not be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I have known quite a few women who were very capable of wiping the floor with me, and some of those would not hesitate to do so if circumstances were right.

That being said, I would likely hesitate to strike one of them even after they had the first hit in.

However, there are no rules in war, and in war-time, you take the enemy down, making sure they stay down for the duration.

Last edited:
Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
Lemme put this actual event into perspective.. I'm 125lbs and my sister is twice my size, weight, and strong as an ox. Literally. Always been a bully that used her weight to her advantage since she was 12. She jumped me once a cpl yrs ago, swinging & punching like a man. The first punch in the face had me looking stupidly & wondering if that actually happened (Lmfao). The second punch landing verified that it DID happen and I blocked the 3rd one and then handed her ass to her "hockey player style". She is a very dangerous & aggressive person that has tried to send both myself and my brother to prison on false pretenses so she could kill our mother and get the home/property. Psycho B!tch, really. In this instance I would have lost my children and died in prison due to my health conditions. In this instance she was 100% in the wrong for even swinging. If I had been running my mouth I'd have ate that assault and walked away. I only have 3 things that would cause me to hit a female and she violated rule #2: Don't ball up ur fists and hit me like a man while being 100% in the wrong. As was the case here.. That's the only case I've ever dealt with up to this point in my life where I've had to put my hands on a female and hope I'm never in a similar situation again. Some ppl leave little choice for defense and like a post above mentioned, it's either you & family or them. Choose carefully but stand ur ground or you'll lose out big time. Cuz if you let it happen once, she'll continue to do so and get worse every time

Upvote 0
I have lived with two women that were biPolar, one was my mother and she suffered a lot.

the other was a woman I married in a funk. (suffering from no woman itis I think after a divorce with #1 wife) ..... why are we attracted to the ones like momma?? :thinking:

and like you, after the 10 lb cast iron skillet just barely missed my head, dented up the nice new refridgerator, she got a divorce summons the next day. a whole lot of crockery got busted that day on the tile floors.

I'm now back with my 1st wife after 18 years apart, but not with a ring, the Infernal Revenue Suckers would take all of her SS check if we combined our SS incomes.... but our kids are happy, and we get along now better than we did 25 years ago when we got divorced the first time after 22 years together. this 2nd time is now pushing past 7 years in the same house. o_O

Upvote 0
I would never put my hands on a woman, no matter what the situation is. Due to the fact it's wrong and here in Illinois will get you sent to prison. Other reasons, domestic violence charges will get your firearms owner id revoked for life.
If you have a firearms owner id and a concealed carry license like i do it's just not worth it.

As a gun owner who supports my 2nd amendment right to bear arms, and a man with beliefs and reasons stated above i just would rather walk away.

Upvote 0
Stay away from violent women. If a woman is violent toward you leave her and NEVER go back. It is not worth the risk. What if she comes at you with a knife? If you defend yourself they will believe the poor helpless victim woman no matter what. Video tape it if you can. Report it to the police. Sue if you have proof like a video. Just stay the f away after they become violent.

Reactions: michiko
Upvote 0
Lemme put this actual event into perspective.. I'm 125lbs and my sister is twice my size, weight, and strong as an ox. Literally. Always been a bully that used her weight to her advantage since she was 12. She jumped me once a cpl yrs ago, swinging & punching like a man. The first punch in the face had me looking stupidly & wondering if that actually happened (Lmfao). The second punch landing verified that it DID happen and I blocked the 3rd one and then handed her ass to her "hockey player style". She is a very dangerous & aggressive person that has tried to send both myself and my brother to prison on false pretenses so she could kill our mother and get the home/property. Psycho B!tch, really. In this instance I would have lost my children and died in prison due to my health conditions. In this instance she was 100% in the wrong for even swinging. If I had been running my mouth I'd have ate that assault and walked away. I only have 3 things that would cause me to hit a female and she violated rule #2: Don't ball up ur fists and hit me like a man while being 100% in the wrong. As was the case here.. That's the only case I've ever dealt with up to this point in my life where I've had to put my hands on a female and hope I'm never in a similar situation again. Some ppl leave little choice for defense and like a post above mentioned, it's either you & family or them. Choose carefully but stand ur ground or you'll lose out big time. Cuz if you let it happen once, she'll continue to do so and get worse every time
This sounds like a bona fide psychopath. Read Puzzling People. This is why leave and stay away and sue and file charges. They do become emboldened in these cases.

Upvote 0
http://news.yahoo.com/video/girl-caught-camera-kneeing-another-130656977.html

this video had me thinking...
this situation is different. I think that boy asked for it... bullying her online ... and then throwing water at her face. he will not do that any more!!! :p

this is a dilemma... how can a man... be respected after defending himself against a female?

say a woman comes up and attacks me.. for NO-good reason. punching and scratching and slapping.
I try to walk away.. but she just follows and continues..
so.. I pop her in the stomach to stop her (totally made up situation)

I would look bad to bystander.. to friends.. to police!!!
I would be screwed .. if I do .. or if I don't!

Yes, I would, especially if she hit me first. The rile of a guy never hitting a woman is as old fashioned as a black & white TV set. Women want equal rights, so why not?

Upvote 0
This sounds like a bona fide psychopath. Read Puzzling People. This is why leave and stay away and sue and file charges. They do become emboldened in these cases.

When it comes to bipolarism, sometimes a black eye or two works better than litigation. It sounds like you don't share the common denominator with some of us. It runs in my family. It's real. And it's scary.

Upvote 0
I don't hit women... I am a big guy.. and would just take the hits .. if it happens.

but I can also see a situation.. that gave me no choice.. but to stop her physically.
I can also foresee that it could also ... be very bad me afterwards.. legally screwed!
She could claim I hit her first... he said / she said situation!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones