1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Define me for kicks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by netlinkz, Dec 9, 2012.

1. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    So here I am, the owner of a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've had it for four months now. I love my phone despite the fact that I can't keep a G.D.(we all use this word when we get pissed.) 4G signal. On a side note, did I mention I love my phone? So! What would you call me if I told you that I put two products that shouldn't be together? Together. Well let me tell you. I've had many different ear buds and then some. I was curious bought my Buddy's' iPhone 5 earbuds, so I tried em cause he told me they were great. In fact, the chump wasn't lying. I was impressed by the quality of sound that was slithering into my sound hole. I noticed the type of tech that was put into these babys and I gotta tell ya, Louis Armstrong would've got a pair to hear his own music come out of. I went and bought a pair and connected it to my phone and well, the dancing spirit in me has had a soundgasm. The problem is I feel weird now cause the little droid in me resents the fact that I have done this. I look at this apple product and just wanna destroy it. Lmao. What's your take on this? Have you done this or have it this at the moment?.....netlinkz out!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Just do what Apple does .... find out who makes them and go right to the source. Buy them for cheap unbranded and claim they were your discovery. ;)

3. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Define you......ok. Let me take a shot at this. Im gonna say you are an extreme individual, who prefers to take function over form. You drive a late model import, probably a Toyota or Honda, and you have a pet shark.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Shinji01

Shinji01 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    This. I believe this is how the world works in many cases.
    But yeah, headphones can make hell of a difference. I am glad to see that you have found something that works for you. i am not yet satisfied with my headphones yet.

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've never really cared what my headphones sound like, usually i really can't tell if they're good or bad, i just buy 5$ ones at the store and they are good enough for me :p

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Never found some in ear buds that fit my ears so figured I'd try out the new Apple ones. Yep, they're great. Miss noise canceling that the in ear ones accomplish, but these are far more comfortable. Also, check out this app if you want to (partially) utilize the controls on your Gnex:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.jays.headsetcontrol
    Can't get the volume buttons to work, but the center button does for various controls.

7. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    1st.. if you are comparing the new ip5 earbuds to your free set on your android device... that is not really a fair deal. Most do not send very good sets.

2nd.. i have compared them to my mid-range Moto earbuds that i paid $40 (on sale from $70). My friend got a new ip5.. and we both tested it. we both agree my moto sounds better. the ip5 have small/weak bass.

3rd.. if you like it.. no body will care. but it is a good idea to find non-apple similar tech.. dont feed the monster!

8. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    Well I thank you for your Intel on ear buds mates.....I tell you what I look for in ear buds, the experience as if your in a theater without feeling like someone is giving you a ear job....lol

9. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Amsoil Dealer
    Blue Jay, Ca
    This.

I listen to podcasts and talk radio, almost exclusively though, so I may not be the best canditate to tell you how different sets of headphones sound.

That being said, I find you to be an eccentric individual, who can't pick a side :D
    Scott