• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Defy supports physical car dock?

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
I don't know if it was published anywhere but FWIW, it looks like the Defy's "car dock mode" activates much like the Droid. Every time the back of my e72 is "close", to the screen of the Defy (mostly happens when I have both phones in my pocket resting on each other), the screen wakes from sleep, and the car dock activates. I'm guessing the magnets from the e72 are tripping the Defy's sensors.

Just a heads-up.

...and for those who don't know, I got the "home dock" to activate by using the app AnyCut to create a shortcut to the "Desk Home" Activity.

iFrKos18D3FchKYomxWj7bxs2cQR-xYr2glZQQ-6nqtxdeaT-GaDC4XYfL_wDkEyq0lqNMci_lzx1NG6qCuFha0t_epFYRUJYIerjaSgOX9JJIrpjipfIdzaZVlNUaj2dB8SJ8u88zbMicP-ptFdSTvDyhBnnEK0

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to actually disable the car dock app?

Sometimes when I pull it out of my case to answer a call it goes in cardock mode and gives me no option to actually answer anymore..it just sits there and rings and the car dock buttons are on the screen. I guess it just hits the magnet right on the way out and I can't do anything but watch it ring while I miss the call. Very annoying

Upvote 0
My leather case activates it! It has a small magnet.

Only thing I can think of is to freeze (deactivate it) with Titanium backup. But I don't use that personally so can't elaborate further. From what I read, it's best not to delete apps completely as this may bugger up your updates, inc. firmware updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones