• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delay answering incoming phone calls?

Keepcase

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm in Canada and recently bought this phone from Rogers (I still have a week to test this thing out to make sure it's not broken)

I'm noticing that answering incoming calls can sometimes take up to 20 seconds before the other side can hear me!

I can make calls and people can hear me as soon as the call begins but I'm answering the phone after it has shut itself down (I mean the screen goes dark and then I need to slide the slider on the screen to answer the call)

SOMETIMES there will be a few seconds delay, sometimes nothing but I've had up to 20 seconds delay on multiple occasions

I'm running 1.6, and from the sounds of it, we won't get 2.1 until next month but is ANYONE else getting these issues? Should I return this phone for another? This is inexcusable and I am having too many callers hang up the phone on me because they think they have a bad connection but in reality there is a delay before they can hear me...

Any insight?

I assume you've never had anything that horrible on your X10 eh? :D

With sarcasm like that... Are you British?

I have a huge love/hate relationship with this phone so dont get me going but I had it up for sale and for me the next best thing is the Galaxy and although it has "MULTI TOUCH" and more RAM and a super Amoled screen where blacks use no colour and just use the black of the screen so use less power but it looks so much like an iclone I dont think I could get it!

Meh...

I got a good deal so feck it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones