• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delay in receiving texts after upgrading to 2.1

I recently upgraded to the official 2.1 release, and I've been having issues with receiving texts. If my phone is idle (screen off), I'll get no notification that a text was received. However once I wake the phone, I receive the notification for the text, though message's time stamp indicates it was sent 10-20 minutes earlier.

When I'm using my phone, my texts show up instantly (both the time received and time sent match to within 1 minute difference). It seems like that when my phone is idling, it's not properly connecting with the network or something to that effect, resulting in texts not getting pushed to my phone until I wake it up.

Is anyone else suffering a similar fate? Is there anything I can to fix this issue? I've already updated my profile and the PRL, but neither solved it.

Some further points: I'm using Handcent, as I did before the update. I've never had an issue with delay when receiving texts before on 1.5. Also, this issue has not prevented me from receiving texts. All the texts successfully transfer; they are just delayed.

I had handcent on 1.5 but for some reason 2.1 just not showing my contacts when i go to it just show a white screen,any help would be appreciated.

Again, odd :thinking:. My contacts are all there. All I can think of is maybe it got installed before your Google contacts fully synced. Have you tried the ol' tried and true uninstall/reinstall?

edit: Have you started a text thread since the update? if not, of course it will be blank. When you start a new message (upper left button) and type in the "To" field does it start to bring up contact names?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones