1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Delay on hanging up the call when "End" button is pressed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by purginator, Jan 11, 2012.

1. purginator

purginator Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    When I click the hang up button, htc evo 3d waits around 2 seconds before hanging up. The call can still be heard in the speaker.

I understand that this is a feature, but I rather hangup directly.

Is there anyone else that have experienced this, and how do I configure my phone if possible to not have a "grace period"?

Advertisement

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I moved your post to the Evo 3D section, where you might get a more targeted response.

I do not have this issue on my Evo 3D. When I press End Call, it hangs up immediately.

Perhaps related indirectly: on my old Evo 4G, I could hear a caller when my phone was ringing and before I answered the call. That's pretty weird.

3. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    sounds like something else is amiss on your device. care to give more information?

are you rooted?
    UK or US user?
    have a lot of apps installed?
    do you ave any apps that could possibly take over the phone call state (voice recorders, etc?)

when i press the end button the handset hangs up immediately. no delay. same when the other party disconnects.

4. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    are you using bluetooth? I have noticed occasional lag when typing numbers on the dialpad/ending a call when a bluetooth device is connected.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. chrisMBP

chrisMBP Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    there is also an Australian version, just saying since we don't really get any recognition, as you only mentioned us and uk v.

marctronixx and PyroSporker like this.
  6. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    The reason no one here knows about the AU version because it was never really publicized here that I know of. We are fat self centric Americans after all :D That is really cool to know how far the reaches of this phone had. I never knew they released it in AU.

Does your phone feature any differences versus the US or UK/EU version? I'm guessing your version is the same as the UK version or a very close extension of it? To alot of us when it comes to tech, unofficially speaking, the UK version means all Europe and sometimes further East countries too. Maybe there was an Asia version that covers AU too, you guys get grouped up quite a bit?

So there is a US, CAN, UK, and AU version of the Evo 3D? Cool :cool:

marctronixx likes this.
  7. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    G'day mate!

well, perhaps i left the Aussies out because their handsets are working so perfectly, that i KNEW the OP could not have an aussie version.. ;) its the UK ans US versions that have issues.. :p

Seriously, my bag, there has been little to no mention of the aussie version on this forum, only UK and US. I am pleased to hear there is an aussie member here others can look to for help...

8. chrisMBP

chrisMBP Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah that's alright, I don't think the AUS version features many differences. Well for one there is no Sprint logo, just HTC's logo in the middle. Ours came pre-loaded with, green hornet the movie in 3-d, spiderman the game in 3-d, sims 3d, and need for speed shift in 3d.
    And the worse of all it has a different HBOOT. so im pretty sure none of the root methods work. I read a little on XDA about some problems with rooting our version, but the thread closed and it wasn't much help. Hope at least some of this was interesting for you :D

marctronixx and PyroSporker like this.
  9. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    I wish I didn't have a Sprint logo. I usually like no logos. Less is always better than more when it comes to brands.
    Its also cool that you guys got Sims 3D and NFS:S 3D.
    However I would give up all those perks for the ability to root (even though I don't root - I just like the option available) I wish I knew some in depth developer information on rooting so I could help you figure out how to root your phone.
    I do find it interesting actually. Out of curiosity, Is the AUS version on GSM or CDMA networks? What color is the colored accent ring around the 3D camera?

10. chrisMBP

chrisMBP Newbie
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Im pretty sure its GSM, and the ring on the camera is still red. Is there a version with a gold ring in production? or was it just a prototype?

11. MADCV

MADCV Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Yay for Australia!

It sure is GSM, but we don't even have 4G capabilities here yet, so it goes to 3.5g maximum.

Telstra, one of our big 4 phone companies, is starting 4G soon and the rest are apparently "switching it on" but that'll be by half way through 2012.

Now,
    my handset itself is from France
    ( as I refused to wait for silly old Australia to get the phone, cos we got it 3 months after the rest of the world )
    and I have a bronze/gold coloured band around the camera.

12. purginator

purginator Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    rooted=yes, but the behavior was there since day one
    I am living in Sweden, dunno if that means that I am a UK user
    Did not have a lot of apps installed at the beginning...

Tags: