• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delay receiving Google Talk messages

maxsteele

Feb 21, 2010
Today, I've noticed some strange behavior with Google Talk on my Hero.

I use Google Talk at work on my computer and have my phone sitting next to me. I received a Google Talk message at 5:20pm on my computer and had a conversation with the person.

At 5:45pm, my phone received the first Google Talk message I received from the person on the computer, but did not have any of the other messages.

This has happened several times today, and I'm not sure what's going on.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Does anyone know the exact behavior Google Talk should have on the Hero in relation to also using Google Talk on a PC or through Gmail?

I'm having the same problem

I just came from a BB Tour

I can see IM's on my computer but there is a big delay for it to reach my phone.

There was never any delay with the Tour's Google Talk IM's regardless of whether or not I was on the computer.

I have checked all the IM settings and can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas? Do I have to be logged out of my google acct. on the computer to get the IM's faster on the phone? Do the IM apps (meebo, ebuddy) help get the messages faster?

this replaces my BB messenger so it's important to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones