1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delay When Answering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ibanez540r, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ibanez540r

Ibanez540r Newbie

I had my first Verizon Nexus since January. I recently received a warranty phone after a charging issue. I've had the same problems with both...

When receiving a call, I answer it and say "Hello". No response, so I say "Hello" again and the other line then sounds kind of confused and says "Hello". What I've figure out is that the first time I say hello, I am not heard. This drives me f'ing crazy. I'm kind of a fast paced guy and when I'm busy, or the wife calls over and over, and I have to answer, say hello, pause, say hello again before finally getting a response is ANNOYING!

Anyone know of the reason or any fixes?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

I see that on bluetooth but never on the handset itself.

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Sounds like the one way audio issue. Search "one way audio" on this site. It is a radio issue but the .04 radios didn't fix it.

4. brhermon

brhermon Member

I've had this same problem. Ill have to pay closer attention to whether its on bluetooth or the handset or both. I'll try and report back.

I thought the One Way Audio was more permanent or occurred later in a conversation, not just within the first second or two of the call... ?

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

That's the tricky part - every phone is different.

6. Ibanez540r

Ibanez540r Newbie

Has nothing to do with bluetooth for me. Happens every call! Driving me nuts!

..just happen with two calls a little bit ago. Had to say hello twice before the other party responded.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews