1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Delay when hitting the power button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewWaveGuy, Dec 28, 2013.

1. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    Hello all!

I have a Sprint non-rooted LG G2 and I just got it a few days ago (this is my second G2). I have noticed that when I go to turn the phone on (wake) that there is sometimes a delay (no more than 2 seconds) before the screen turns on. I experience this once or twice every 15 times I press the power button. This also happens no matter how long the phone has been asleep- 5 seconds, a couple of hours, it doesn't matter. I didn't have this issue with the other LG G2. Is this something that I should be concerned with? I never experience the delay when I use the knock-on feature, only when I press the power button. Thanks so much! :)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    It could be indicative of a power button that's not making really good contact - and may completely fail in the future. I'd see about a replacement.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  3. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    Thanks Rukbat. I performed a soft reset and since then I haven't been able to recreate the issue. I am hoping that fixed it. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

4. manatleisure

manatleisure Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2013
    i have the international version and there is a slight delay on mine similar to yours always but i have never considered it a fault to be honest. All my phones have had the slight delay of 1 or 2 seconds in the past.
    The double tap is quicker at waking the phone up but dont necessarily mean the power button is faulty.
    Worth trying phones in your local stores to make sure.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  5. NewWaveGuy

NewWaveGuy Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    Yesterday I tried replicating the issue and instead of getting the delay, it did not turn on at all. This happened 3 times. I took it back to the store earlier today and they could not get the phone to exhibit the issue. The technician said that if I have the issue again to bring the phone back and that they will replace it. We shall see. Thanks everyone for your input! :)

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: