1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delayed Update... surprised?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slimjoe, May 12, 2011.

?

Surprised?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. slimjoe

slimjoe Well-Known Member

Is anyone actually surprised that the supposed update for the Thunderbolts was delayed and now actually not even mentioned?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dm33

dm33 Android Enthusiast

I had been defending the delay, but its been weeks and no word. No rumors. No Droid Charge. No LG Revolution. No new LTE cities. Maybe the whole LTE rollout is on hold?

3. slimjoe

Oh! I didn't even realize that the Charge still hasn't been launched yet.

4. Trust me you will be glad they held up the update alot of people who downloaded the leaked version were having lots of issues. People would have been really complaining if the update came and more issues arrived. Just relax I mean they arent going to roll out new lte cities every week. And since verizon never gave an official release on the revolution you can't be surprised it is not out yet. Just relax people it will come lol.

5. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Android Enthusiast

Ask and you shall receive. Updating as I type

6. slimjoe

Oops, updating as well. I just saw the post on Phandroid. Look at that timing :p

edit: I made this post because I actually manually checked for the update earlier this morning and there was nothing to report.

7. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Kind of hard to understand the OP.

Hey, I realize we're ALL eager to get any and all updates... I purchased the original G1, on day one that Android OS was released, so I know about waiting for updates! Oh, and let me tell you, the original OS was lacking in a MAJOR way! We didn't have video camera, no on screen keyboard !, no maps with voice turn by turn direction, very unpolished, etc. etc.

They release updates in small batches to make sure that if there are any bugs, that EVERYONE doesn't have problems! It seems that there was a problem with this update, and I, for one, am certainly glad they released it to a very few number of people, found the problem, fixed the problem, and are now releasing it!

I've never owned an iPhone, but take a look at the time between updates/improvements on the iOS and on the Android OS! It's like night and day!

I've read that Gingerbread will be coming to the TB, as well! While I can't wait, I DO hope and expect that when it's ready, it'll be released to a small, test group... Verizon and Google and HTC will make sure it's stable for a few days, and then start to release it to everyone.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews