1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delays not impressed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mutant04, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Mutant04

Mutant04 Member

Hi All,

I have had a Note 4 on Pre Order since the 16th September 2014. I was originally told it would be released on the 10th October. I then received an email saying that this was delayed until the 17th October.
    Last week I received another email that stated that it was delayed until the 24th October.

This was rather annoying as I had heard that the Note 4 was actually released on the 17th October in stores.

I have now had another email today saying that it has been delayed again until the 31st October.

I'm very annoyed. How many times can Samsung delay this phone.

Anyone else in the same boat as this ???

2. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity - which carrier/retailer did you pre-order from? In the US, it was released on the 17th in stores (I think Verizon is the 23rd?) with some pre-orders from T-Mobile and ATT arriving a few days before. I think Verizon and Sprint pre-orders are shipping or have shipped.

I have read that some people who pre-ordered got notices that it would ship later than anticipated but it seems like those persons pre-ordered later - not on the 16th like you. I think that was around when they started pre-orders, no? I think you really should have gotten yours by now.

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

Without knowing who your carrier is, it is tough to say. Verizon delayed the rollout by a week, but that was not a Samsung issue. That was a Verizon decision. Other carriers rolled it out before that.

Some areas have sold out, others still have them available.

4. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

Sprint got mine on the 16th loving the galaxy 4

5. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

It was sold out all over my city on release day for tmo but I was still able to get one..

6. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member

I'm on USC. Was told by a rep that they'd be available on the 18th: got a call to come pick mine up on the 17th

7. Mutant04

Mutant04 Member

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I forgot so information with regards to my post.

I'm in the UK and I pre ordered it sim free through Clove Technology. I also note (no pun intended) they have taken the price off their website and there is no option to buy the phone???

I understand that it was delayed until the 17th to fall in line with US release. But I don't understand the other further delays.

8. Kalinskym

Kalinskym Newbie

Carphone warehouse delayed all gold note 4 till November 21st, they promised 17 then the 24th of October why the long change, they won't even let you change colour upset

9. Mutant04

Mutant04 Member

Got another email today saying the Note 4 was delayed again, this time with no expected date.

I just don't understand looks as if Samsung have made a huge stock level error.

10. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

All stores are back ordered. If you really want one put in the work and track it down. That's what I did. I called every store and the other day they had two come in. Rushed up there and got the last one

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews