• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delete a mail account and it's contacts

Mark Clark

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
When I first set up my phone to get contacts it copied down mail accounts and contacts I no longer use. I tried to delete the contacts concerned but it said that while I could hide them - I could not delete them.

I opted to hide them but would prefer to delete them. I have now deleted the contacts in the mail account concerned and synced - but the contacts are still there. Except I have now hidden them and cannot find out how to unhide them!

Thanks for any help given.............

Hi Mark. Welcome to Android Forums. I grew up with a Mark Clark. Very good guy indeed.
As for your question... I don't know what mail app you are using but you should be able to achieve a menu by long pressing a contact. If that doesn't help, let us know what phone you are using and we'll direct you to the area where members owning your phone hang out and help one another. They would be the best source for support for your contact problems. I hope you enjoy these forums and thanks for joining.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones