• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delete apps

If it's a pre-installed app in the /system partition you will not be able to delete it. However, disabling effectively does the same thing: it cannot run, cannot receive updates, and all updates and data for the app are removed. An inactive copy of the app remains in the system partition, but as that is a different partition from where your apps and data live then it makes no difference to you (you cannot access that space, so removing it would not give you any more free storage).

Upvote 0
If it's a pre-installed app in the /system partition you will not be able to delete it. However, disabling effectively does the same thing: it cannot run, cannot receive updates, and all updates and data for the app are removed. An inactive copy of the app remains in the system partition, but as that is a different partition from where your apps and data live then it makes no difference to you (you cannot access that space, so removing it would not give you any more free storage).
Thank you for that valuable information. Have a great day and Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Is it a China version phone or tablet you've got there? Because that's the only reason why I think that Google Pinyin Input would be preinstalled on it.
I purchased the phone through my Cell Phone service. I certainly would not doubt that it is a Chinese made model. I have 3 different languages in the list so I guess all I can do is disable them which is what I will do.

Upvote 0
I purchased the phone through my Cell Phone service. I certainly would not doubt that it is a Chinese made model. I have 3 different languages in the list so I guess all I can do is disable them which is what I will do.

Is it one of the languages in Gboard(Google Keyboard) or is it Google Pinyin Input? Which is a separate keyboard app and is specifically intended for typing Chinese, this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin&hl=en_US

What make and model is the phone, like ZTE or OnePlus or something?

FWIW I've got a UK version Samsung S7 that was purchased from Vodafone, and that didn't come with any Google Pinyin at all. I've also got a China version Huawei Mate 10, and that came with Huawei IME keyboard, that was made by Baidu, rather than Google Pinyin.

Upvote 0
Is it a China version phone or tablet you've got there? Because that's the only reason why I think that Google Pinyin Input would be preinstalled on it.

Looking at my phone, running a stock English, Nougat ROM, there are Indic, Japanese, Korean, Pinyon, Zhuyin keyboard inputs in the App menu. Assuming that since they're relatively small in size Google just opts to include them as a precaution for those who might need them for specific tasks.

Upvote 0
Is it one of the languages in Gboard(Google Keyboard) or is it Google Pinyin Input? Which is a separate keyboard app and is specifically intended for typing Chinese, this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin&hl=en_US

What make and model is the phone, like ZTE or OnePlus or something?

FWIW I've got a UK version Samsung S7 that was purchased from Vodafone, and that didn't come with any Google Pinyin at all. I've also got a China version Huawei Mate 10, and that came with Huawei IME keyboard, that was made by Baidu, rather than Google Pinyin.

It is a MOTO e5 plus - I am unable to locate the apps where I saw these languages. Where are they?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones