1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delete apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by FollowingSeas, Dec 20, 2018.

1. FollowingSeas

FollowingSeas Member

How do I delete apps like "Google Pinjin Input"?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If it's a pre-installed app in the /system partition you will not be able to delete it. However, disabling effectively does the same thing: it cannot run, cannot receive updates, and all updates and data for the app are removed. An inactive copy of the app remains in the system partition, but as that is a different partition from where your apps and data live then it makes no difference to you (you cannot access that space, so removing it would not give you any more free storage).

borninthebronx, olbriar, svim and 2 others like this.
  3. FollowingSeas

FollowingSeas Member

Thank you for that valuable information. Have a great day and Merry Christmas.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it a China version phone or tablet you've got there? Because that's the only reason why I think that Google Pinyin Input would be preinstalled on it.

FollowingSeas likes this.
  5. FollowingSeas

FollowingSeas Member

I purchased the phone through my Cell Phone service. I certainly would not doubt that it is a Chinese made model. I have 3 different languages in the list so I guess all I can do is disable them which is what I will do.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it one of the languages in Gboard(Google Keyboard) or is it Google Pinyin Input? Which is a separate keyboard app and is specifically intended for typing Chinese, this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin&hl=en_US

What make and model is the phone, like ZTE or OnePlus or something?

FWIW I've got a UK version Samsung S7 that was purchased from Vodafone, and that didn't come with any Google Pinyin at all. I've also got a China version Huawei Mate 10, and that came with Huawei IME keyboard, that was made by Baidu, rather than Google Pinyin.

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Looking at my phone, running a stock English, Nougat ROM, there are Indic, Japanese, Korean, Pinyon, Zhuyin keyboard inputs in the App menu. Assuming that since they're relatively small in size Google just opts to include them as a precaution for those who might need them for specific tasks.

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Same with mine. I'm sure it keeps the updates simpler.

I have disabled them, because they are no use to me.

9. FollowingSeas

FollowingSeas Member

It is a MOTO e5 plus - I am unable to locate the apps where I saw these languages. Where are they?

10. FollowingSeas

FollowingSeas Member

I found the apps and have "Disabled" Google Japanese Input, Korean and Pinyin.

svim likes this.

Google Pinyin Input

Google Pinyin Input Forum

com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin

The Google Pinyin Input is an input method (IME) optimized for typing Chinese on Android. The app offers a variety of methods for fast and easy input of Chinese characters. Key features: - QWERTY Pinyin keyboard with gesture typing and intelligent correction - 9 key Pinyin keyboard with gesture typing - Stroke keyboard - Full screen and half screen handwriting keyboard - Latin keyboard - Fuzzy pinyin - Double pinyin - Optimized UI for different screen sizes - Voice input - Themes The app supports both simplified and traditional Chinese characters, as well as punctuation, emoticons, Latin characters and digits. Voice input is network-based in order to provide highly accurate matches. Note: To be used on your Android device, the input method must be enabled in "Settings" → "Language & Input". For typing Cantonese, you could download the Google Cantonese Input: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.cantonese For typing traditional Chinese by Zhuyin or Cangjie, you could download the Google Zhuyin Input: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.zhuyin

READ MORE
December 12, 2018
Last Updated
Rating
100M+
Installs