1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delete E-mail Inbox?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leannie, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Leannie

Leannie Lurker

Hi... My first post here.
    I had an interesting message this morning.
    When I woke up, I checked my phone and had an email notification. When I went to check the email, I got a message something similar to:
    "Your Inbox folder has been deleted. The next time you sync with your computer, your Inbox folder will be removed there also."
    Well, not verbatim, but now, I'm worried about using my USB cable to connect to my computer.
    Anybody know what is up?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Welcome to the Forums :)

haven't heard this one before but do you have anti-virus on your phone? there are some good free ones on the market if you don't. Also did you get the same mail on your computer? Can you check your mail from your phones browser?

Sometimes mails like these have a bark much worse than the bite (not always) It very well could be a hoax mail. I would try at least to see if you can access your email from the phones web browser. And install and Anti-Virus program.

Do Regular backups of all your important information and backups should be stored on a external drive or at least a cloud.

3. Leannie

Leannie Lurker

Hi, and thanks for responding.

I do not have any Anti-Virus installed on my phone.

This was not an email message. This was more of a phone/pop-up/dialog box message.

I can still get email on my phone. And I still have my Inbox for my email when I'm on the computer. I have *not* connected my phone to a computer using the USB cable since I got the message. Still wary.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

i wod download an anti-virus and let it check your phone

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews