• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delete keyboard dictionary

I know Jeff000 is from Canada, and recently performed the forced Rogers/HTC update tp 1.5 for the 911 bug fix, which also added HTC Sense UI. This update has cause a number of problems, including removing certain functions.

Can the rest of you with the missing dictionary tell us which phone you are using, and which OS version? By any chance are you using a Rogers Magic after the 911bugfix update, or otherwise using Sense UI?

Upvote 0
I know Jeff000 is from Canada, and recently performed the forced Rogers/HTC update tp 1.5 for the 911 bug fix, which also added HTC Sense UI. This update has cause a number of problems, including removing certain functions.

Can the rest of you with the missing dictionary tell us which phone you are using, and which OS version? By any chance are you using a Rogers Magic after the 911bugfix update, or otherwise using Sense UI?

I'm using the Sense UI, and yup that setting does not seem to be at where its stated to be at :thinking:

Upvote 0
Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input -> User Dictionary

First go to the home page then push menu. click settings. Click Language and keyboard. click touch input. click user dictionary. from there you can select the words that you have accientally added and want to take out of the dictionary. You can even add words there.
hope this helps :)

I have "keyboard types", "Keyboard Language", "Text input", "Tutorial" in the Tough input menu, non of which contain anything that could possibly be a user dictionary.

Upvote 0
I have "keyboard types", "Keyboard Language", "Text input", "Tutorial" in the Tough input menu, non of which contain anything that could possibly be a user dictionary.

Don't know what phone you're using, but I was starting to get frustrated too. Incredible, 2.1, rooted. Went to Language and Keyboard > Touch Input > User Dictionary

Might try looking under text input or in the others for more sub menus, even if they seem counter intuitive that there would be a dictionary in the menu...

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and came here to find an answer. Found nothing that worked. So, I tried this and it worked. Let me know if it works for you.

I am using a LG Optimus G ls970 (sprint) with jellybean

Went to app settings>android keyboard >clear data>yes

It cleared everything from slang to mistakes to usernames. Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones