1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Delete MP3's from music library?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hi Ho, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Newbie

How do I remove songs from the music library without deleting them from the SD card? I have some MP3's used as ringtones and even stuff in my Downloads folder showing up in the music app. I don't want these files playing when I'm playing shuffled music.

Advertisement

2. Place a file called .nomedia into the folders you DONT want to show up in the music player. You can use Astro to do this, or Disk Drive mode connected with usb to your computer.

3. MarownIOM

MarownIOM Lurker

For those who knew this trick before they copied their MP3's to their SD card I would guess this works fine.

What if you added the .nomedia file to the folder *after* the MP3's were in the Library?

Adding the file did not remove them from the library...
    Neither did deleting the files from the SD card...
    I even tried formatting the SD card -- didn't work.

Maybe this is a problem with WinAmp?

Can I put the .nomedia file at the lowest level folder and have it apply to all sub-folders?

I have the following files/folders...
    \AudioBooks\.nomedia
    \AudioBooks\BookA\BookA1.mp3
    \AudioBooks\BookA\BookA2.mp3
    \AudioBooks\BookB\BookB1.mp3
    \AudioBooks\BookB\BookB2.mp3
    would the .nomedia file work for BookA and BookB?

Thanks!

4. MarownIOM

MarownIOM Lurker

I tried deleting files & rebooting -- the file was still in the library
    I eventually had to format the SD card and reboot

(at first it appeared the files were still in the library even after formatting the SD card but after a few seconds they disappeared)

I copied all the files back (with the .nomedia files strategically placed) and all is well with the world.

I added the .nomedia file to my \audiobook folder so all subfolders were covered by this one file.

Tags: