1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support delete phone message

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I am new to android phone, don't know how to delete message after listening to it. I have like 15 messages that I can't seem to get rid of.
    Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Voicemail is a carrier feature, not a phone feature. So how would you have deleted it on a dumb phone?

On my carrier pressing "3" while listening to a message deletes it, but then it also tells you that at the end of the message. I guess yours is different. If we knew what network you used we might find someone who knows (remember this is the internet: we don't even know what country you are in unless you tell us).

3. Kathy C

Kathy C Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Sorry, doesn't go to voicemail, leaves a text message. United States, California, AT&T, hate this phone.

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    A text message with the voice message in it? I've not met that before, but there are plenty of ATT users in the forum so hopefully someone will know.

Have you tried just pressing and holding the message? That's the android equivalent of a right-click of the mouse, and usually is the way to select a message and bring up other options, including deleting messages. That's what I'd do with a normal text, so hope it will be the same here?

Dannydet likes this.