• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delete Playlists from Music Player keep reappearing

felofel430

Lurker
Apr 27, 2014
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long post. I'm new here and only made an account because I couldn't find support on this issue anywhere else online. I apologize if this question has been posted before.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 2. So basically every time I try to delete a playlist I've created from the Music Player app, it'll disappear for a few minutes but the next time I go to check the playlist (30 minutes later, a day later, etc.) all of the once deleted playlists are right back there in the app. I'm trying to organize my music library and it's really bugging me because a bunch of useless playlists I created are taking up the screen. Some of them don't even have any songs, they're just empty playlists from when I accidentally made playlists when I just got the phone. I've tried removing the sD card and putting it back in & restarting my phone but that's where my expertise(lol) ends I greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys.

FYI I have some songs stored on the external sD card and few on the phones memory if that helps. Once again thanks in advance.

Google Music ;)

No sir. I'm not using Google Music.. just the regular Music PLayer app from samsung.. the one that looks like this:http://www.talesofinterest.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-17.jpgung-Galaxy-S3-17.jpg

In the mean time I found out the playlists create .m3u files in the albums that I've put into a playlists so i tried deleting those but my phone wouldn't let me. Should i try hooking the phone up to my computer and do it from there?

Thanks for all the responses guys! I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones