1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Delete pre loaded apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by southsidehen12, Feb 21, 2011.

1. southsidehen12

Is there any possible way 2 delete some of these pre loaded apps because i have no use 4 quite a bit of them and they just take up space and run on their own causing my phone 2 lag...any suggestions...thnx in advance

Advertisement

2. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

Use Z4 to temp root and run Titanium Backup. You can delete apps from there. Be careful on what you delete ;)

3. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

You MUST root. No other way.

Bob

4. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Don't delete any Android Stock apps! Especially Market, Music, Navigation, Gmail, Maps, Browser, etc (that kind of stuff) that might make your phone run worse!

5. need2burn

need2burn Newbie

I'd suggest just freezing them with titanium backup so they don't run. I've frozen email, facebook, amazonmp3, and airchat with no problems on a temp root.

6. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast

I think that now the the big question with the manipulations of the stock rom is that as the 2.2 update is supposedly a week or so away, is it really worth taking the chance of not being able to upgrade to 2.2 for the sake of a few days?

kcmartz likes this.
  7. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

@Magohn: Agreed

8. lvdave

lvdave Newbie

I've been able to remove all the VM cruft from my Intercept via Titanium, except for the one that drives me up the wall the most.. Upper left hand corner of the apps screen, a bright red button called "Activate".. WHY on Earth does it stay there AFTER you've activated the phone???????? Reminds of the absolutely stupid keyboards that put the power/sleep buttons RIGHT above your arrow keys... I finally got tired of putting my machine to sleep or shutting it down while frantically using the arrow keys in a game, and threw that keyboard into the dumpster (you really wonder who designs this crap!!).. In the same vein, I've lost track of how many times I've mistakenly hit that damned Activate icon, and once you get into it, you are stuck.. I was able to find all the rest of the crap VM puts on their phones, except for this one, the WORST one IMO.. Anybody know what its called internally (in Titanium)??:mad: