1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Delete Widgets

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by scrubby, Dec 28, 2013.

1. scrubby

scrubby Member
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    California
    Is there a way to delete all the widgets? I know some are going to ask why, and my answer is I have no use for them. I prefer just icons.

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    How many widgets do you have on your home screens that you need a faster way to remove them than just selecting each one and deleting them? By the time you get an answer, you could have deleted them all yourself.:thinking:

3. scrubby

scrubby Member
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    California
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't have any on the home page. I meant delete them off the phone all together.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

You have to remove the app it came with. For example, if you want to remove the Facebook widget, you have to remove Facebook app off your phone.

scrubby likes this.
  5. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Most widgets are associated with an app. When you install an app, the widgets associate with the app will appear in the list of screen objects you can put on your home screen.

There are some apps that are widgets only. For instance, Android Pro Widgets are a collection of widgets. The set of widgets include a calendar widget and a Twitter widget. These widgets are not associated with the various apps, but just accesses them to show information on your home screen. The Android Pro calendar widget can be set up to access your calendar app so it can show your appointments on the widget. If you delete the Android Pro Widgets app, only those widgets will be removed. Your calendar app will still be there as well as your Twitter app.

If you don't use widgets, the existence of widgets on your phone should not really interfere with the operation of your phone.

scrubby likes this.
  6. walpow

walpow Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    If you're rooted, you can use an autostart manager to stop most of the widgets from appearing in the widget list.

Or, as his been suggested, you can just ignore the widget list.

scrubby likes this.
  7. mrodgers

mrodgers Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    It does if you don't have an expensive phone and have limited space. It might not be much, but all the apps I have that have widgets that I don't use could be another app or 2 that I could possibly install on my inexpensive prepaid Android phone and my inexpensive tablet both with limited storage space.

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Well if you don't use the app you can uninstall it to free space (system apps live in a different partition, so while you can't uninstall them without root you don't gain space by doing so either).

But if you use the app but not its widget, just ignore the widget or find an alternative app. The widget is part of the app, not an add-on.

9. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Unless the app developer has a widgetless version of the app, there really is nothing you can do. I'm not sure how much additional space widgets on any particular app would take up and how much you would save if they offered a widgetless version. The only thing you can really do is uninstall apps that are widgets only, but then if you don't use widgets, you wouldn't have installed them in the first place.