• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Lolz and I the green..
one ? Though did you install it as a system app?

Yes sir.

edit: Here's a screenshot.
blue_swype.png

Upvote 0
I cannot get this to work. It just says not installed

Here's what ya do:
extract the 2 lib files from the apk and move them to /system/lib.
Then take the Swype apk and move it to /system/app and reboot.
This will not work if you already have any version of Swype installed already, you will have to uninstall your old version, then follow the steps above.

Reactions: jwh42000
Upvote 0
Just a quick heads up, I removed the download links for Swype.

The Swype devs aren't overly keen on their apk being distributed via file sharing sites, forums etc. I know they went after XDA because some of their devs were doing it and I'd hate for the same to happen to us.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xda-notice-swype/

I realise you were only trying to help and it's appreciated, but to save you/us any potential bother, it's best to direct folk to the swype site and download the beta from there.

Feel free to drop me a PM if I'm off the mark, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to re-add the links. :)

Upvote 0
Just a quick heads up, I removed the download links for Swype.

The Swype devs aren't overly keen on their apk being distributed via file sharing sites, forums etc. I know they went after XDA because some of their devs were doing it and I'd hate for the same to happen to us.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xda-notice-swype/

I realise you were only trying to help and it's appreciated, but to save you/us any potential bother, it's best to direct folk to the swype site and download the beta from there.

Feel free to drop me a PM if I'm off the mark, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to re-add the links. :)

That being said...
@ smart people- wouldn't replacing the drawable s in your current version of Swype accomplish the themed effect?

@mods-.would that be an acceptable alternative?
(posting the drawables)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
So it'll be alright to post the resembles?
If it is. Then I'll try to get to it. And thanks for not making a fuzz about the link.
And sorry about not following the tos fully.

Yeah, I'm cool with that.

No problem either, not many know that their devs are funny about it. No real harm done.

Reactions: Rarewolf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones