• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Delete

I'd be more than happy to test this out, I'm currently on firmware B with your Loki kernel flashed (thanks for that btw), I'll just make a cwm backup and test away.

I was just looking at the qualcomm developer network site and when I clicked similar devices it shows the Galaxy S3 has the same Snapdragon processor, would you have any idea if that means S3 roms could be ported over? Or does the Samsung/LG difference make that a dead end?

Upvote 0
Cool I'll continue making the rom though I think there's only 2 of you guys around here lol. Also keep in mind that this rom will be for firmware A. I'm not sure if it will work when flashed over firmware B, but there's a chance it could.

Yes, the S3 and Lucid have the same snapdragon s4 cpu, but nothing from either phone can be ported or flashed to the other.

Upvote 0
I can unbrick if it doesn't work on B so I'll just test both ways. I appreciate that you would do this, especially because you don't even own the phone and there are so few people in these forums.. It's a shame more people don't use this phone too, even without being able to crack flash roms it's a huge step up from my Bionic.

I will try to put together a list of things I uninstalled when I was debloating when I can. It was quite a bit.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
I am using the one from Playful. Also, I would help out with the list of bloatware but I don't remember what I got rid of, it was so long ago. Another thing, I have always been here, I just don't post because there is nothing for me to weigh in on. I agree, though, its a shame more people aren't on this phone, its pretty good, takes everything I throw at it.

Let me know when you get it up and running, I will test :)

Upvote 0
The package name on the recovery I'm using is com.eclipse.android.razr.bootstrapThe app itself is 'LTE/l1m Recovery Touch' although I don't remember exactly where I got it... Also, I only have the kdz file for firmware B, the links for A never worked for me. There is software update that I didn't take after the last time I reflashed the stock rom because the rooting method didn't work and I didn't feel like trying to do an OTA RootKeeper and have it not work. I don't know if that's relevant or not.

As far as bloatware goes I just always uninstall almost all Verizon apps, any Amazon or news and weather app, all live wallpapers and related apps, smspush, and some others that people might use but I never do so they might not be considered bloat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones