1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support deleted applications' icons won't disappear

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nostromonavis, Jul 5, 2012.

1. nostromonavis

nostromonavis Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hello

The phone is a samsung galaxy fit S 5670L (lantinamerican version)

I changed the carrier OS to the gingerbread 2.3.4 (using odin-bini-rom)

I rooted it with "FitGingerRoot.zip" (upgrade via sd)

I installed "Root Explorer v2.16.apk". With this program I have been deleting some of the default apps that came with gingerbread, wich I do not use (clock, stock, weather, and other widgets, youtube, etc). It has Super User permission. To delete them I explore with the program in "/system/app", I find the apk by it's icon, and delete them with "long hold" and "delete" (first I mark "mount r/w").

The problem I have is that when I deleted the calculator and the "Email" (an envelope with the "@" sign), the icons have not disappeared from the drawer after restarting the phone.

The calculator was "/system/app/Calculator.apk". The "Email", I do not remember. The rest (10 or so) did not generate any problem.

Does anyone know how to remove the icons, or why they did not disappear? (or what I do wrong?)

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. nostromonavis

nostromonavis Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Problem solved

I found 2 apk files in /system/app, named "LauncherCalculator"and "LauncherEmail". After I deleted them, the icons disappeared. I don't know if this were the icons themselves, or if this were something else, but I haven't had problems so far.

If anyone knows what this files were, please comment.