1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

deleted apps coming back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sandeep89, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sandeep89

sandeep89 Member

Hi,

I've temprooted my phone using visionary+ and installed titanium backup from the market.

i tried to delete apps using titanium backup, all good, all the stock demos were gone. since then i've been to the market and restarted my phone amongst other things, and the apps have all come back.

i dont know whether the issue is with losing root or with going to the market or anything else, but i want the apps i remove with titanium to stay gone.

does anyone know why this is happening? and hopefully how to delete them so they stay gone. im running the stock froyo that came with my DHD.

many thanks,
    sandeep

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I think it is the security flag. Although it allows deleting, its putting them back. I don't think you can do it without perm root now.

If you're willing to do that, I have a guide to remove them. It's a little involved though

3. sandeep89

sandeep89 Member

thinking about perm rooting just to flash a custom rom to the phone.. would solve the issue of the promgrams i dont want, and it should hopefully get rid of the lag on the phone which is getting annoying.

ill think about it, thanks

4. {LCD}Stelios

{LCD}Stelios Newbie

I perm' rooted my 'phone using visionary+ and deleted some stock app's.
    Which also returned after a reboot?:thinking:
    Su have you got any recommendations for undervolted performance ROMs that also look the shiznizz?
    Cheers mate.;)

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I can't recommend as I dont have a DHD, but on the desire STD, many like LeeDroid. Its close to stock with undervolted kernels.

heres the DHD version.

[ROM & Kernel] LeeDrOiD HD v1.5.1 >>EPIC<< 7th Feb | Fast | Stable | Custom Kernel - xda-developers

However, this kernel looks good:

[KERNEL]Buzz OC/UV 1.51Ghz CFS+BFQ+SmartAss+TUN+EXT4+.28 ACE 1.2.3 [8/02/2011] - xda-developers

Ah but then theres this one.....

[KERNEL][2011-02-08]kAmMa's Lightweight Kernel for Enthusiasts v1.8 - xda-developers

If you flash a custom rom with init.d support (runs scripts at start up) and use that kernel, you can actually specify the voltage each frequency uses. Its pretty complicated stuff though, so maybe stay away from that for a while.

{LCD}Stelios likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews