1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root deleted backup of my stock rom somehow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobbie50, Jul 26, 2013.

1. bobbie50

bobbie50 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2013
    So somehow my backup for my stock android got deleted, i haven't touched it but i'm fairly sure my brother messed around with my phone and deleted it when he was trying to clear up storage space last night.

Anyway, today i tried to flash the MIUI rom on my phone but it didn't work, so all was well, hey i can just restore from my backup right? But the backup isn't there anymore, so i'm stuck with my phone on the recovery menu with no rom to use. I had actually gotten cyanogen mod 7 to work previously, but how can i get the .zip file to my sd card if i don't currently have an OS to get into to mount my SD card when i connect my phone to my computer? Is there any way i can get the .zip file of the rom onto my SD card so i can flash it from recovery?

If not, how can i restore my phone to the stock rom?

Thanks in advance anyone, any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. bobbie50

bobbie50 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2013
    Took quite a bit of googling, in the end all it required was properly wording the sentence.

had to try countless variations of sentences of my problem to find my solution.

Please close this topic, i found the solution to my problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1667929