1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleted bloat apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stormtrooper711, Jul 8, 2017.

1. stormtrooper711

So recently I installed an app from the app store that deletes bloat app, but first it creates a recycling bin folder and places deleted apps there so you can restore them later. So I was thinking about doing a factory reset and the problem is I can't get a bloat app to restore. I didn't delete the recycling bin folder and when restoring in the app it says to do it multiple times if the bloat app doesn't restore . But I tried restoring the bloat app like a thousand times. Will it screw up my system if I do a factory reset without restoring the bloat app? sorry for my English.

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Short answer is, it depends on what the "bloat" app is...

3. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Did the app save the bloat app as an .apk or in plain text?
    NOTE: IF it wrote the app in plain text you can go to your file manager and Go into <Internal Storage> Then look for example: If you see something written like this( com.google.com). If so Click on that bloat app and you will see it in a File.rev and there you will see the .apk for that app. From there you can reinstall the bloat app.

#3 Phalon4, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. stormtrooper711

Well I just checked the bin folder , and it has an apk file, a config file, and some odex file.I cant open the files.

5. stormtrooper711

Also the app is called story album . if that gives anyone a clue.