1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleted download manager by mistake..cannot install anything

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by send2dodo, Apr 11, 2012.

1. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

Hi,
    I have a LG Optimus V and mistakenly deleted the download manager from Titanium Backup. Now I cannot install anything from the market(play) or download attachments from the browser. I did reset to factory settings but nothing better.

Now I don't have terminal emulator, clockwork recovery or anything of these to reflash to stock, neither can I install anything on the phone directly.

Please help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nijel

nijel Android Enthusiast

There is so many things you can go to fix your problem, but IMO the easiest is to use QtADB to flash recovery or install whatever you want and then flash ROM.

send2dodo likes this.
  3. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

Thanks a lot for the reply. So this is what I understand I need to do. Pretty much an android idiot here, so pls correct as needed.
    1) Install Android SDK
    2) Install QtADB from your link.
    3) Download flash recovery (e.g. Xionia Custom Recovery for LG Optimus V) and boot into recovery via QtADB. Flash recovery.
    4) Download ROM and then flash.

Are these steps correct? Another question is will doing this install back the download manager (or its equivalent?)

4. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

Also one more question. I guess the phone is not rooted anymore since I reset to factory settings. Can I still use QtADB to flash recovery?

5. nijel

nijel Android Enthusiast

6. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

I installed QtADB and I can see my phone files and sdcard. However I cannot access the cache parition. Also I cannot select a recovery file and the flash button is not enabled. So I tried to reboot bootloader. The phone screen turns blue and this is what I see.

Fastboot mode started
    gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
    b1: i2c write error
    udc_start()
    --suspend--
    --reset--
    --portchange--
    --reset--
    --portchange--

there it pretty much hangs now. On the QtADB screen all the connections are lost and I cannot do anything. Simply says connect your phone -> refresh button. Any help

7. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert

What rom are you using? you could get the download manager from the zip of the rom it /zipfile/system/app, then use adb to push the file to /system/app.

8. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

I have the stock ROM I believe. There is nothing called /zipfile/system/app in here though.

9. nijel

nijel Android Enthusiast

If you can't access /cache, fastboot is the only way. Did you press refresh button in bootloader mode? It does that and you have to refresh connection state with that button to load QtADB Fastboot Page. Then you can flash recovery.

10. send2dodo

send2dodo Lurker

Thanks again for your help and guidance. I could not get QtADB to work even after rooting the phone. The button for flash was not getting enabled. Finally I used flash image to put a recovery image and then installed the backside ROM.
    But your software is AWESOME!. I used to transfer files, move around, install APKs etc.
    Phew..what a day

11. Andru19

Andru19 Lurker

Hi,

Unfortunately I have deleted the download manager 4.0.4 from Ubislate 7c+ edge.

As a result google play, mail nothing is working. Unable to restore flash from .IMG file. Also unable to extract .IMG to extract the " download " . Zip shows the .IMG is not extractale.

Any can please help ???

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews