1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleted Download Manager

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Droidsta, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Droidsta

Droidsta Lurker
    Nov 1, 2014

Nov 1, 2014
    I have attempted to search through old forums but cannot find a comprehensible response that I can easily follow.

1. I am not overly technical, nor am I an android expert.

2. In an effort to "debloat" my device (it was running slow), I rooted my phone and then attempted to do a little "house keeping" by removing some system apps that I read were "not important" or "unnecessary", essentially "bloatware".

3. I cannot download ANYTHING to my phone. Therefore I need to use my COMPUTER to somehow copy a new download manager into my phone.

A couple of problems:

1. I cannot locate the android manager ANYWHERE ONLINE. If anyone has a LINK they can provide where I can click it and then obtain the file I'm after, that would be a good start.

2. Next problem - how do I get said file onto my phone? The windows explorer does not show all the folders of the phone. E.g. system? Ps- I have no clue what the android directory is comprised of. That will be my next question. I have tried to download different applications to access more folders on the phone (e.g. android commander) but they do not work / my phone doesn't come up at all, only my PC. Does anyone know of an application I can use to ACCESS my phone directory ON MY PC? THAT WORKS?

3. Precisely where do I need to copy this file (if and when I locate it) - e.g. apps/system etc. Please advise the EXACT location.

Would greatly appreciate some help here. I have royally stuffed my phone and need to fix this.