• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

deleted email.apk and now I dont receive email notifications from Yahoo

Ok you need the email.apk did you delete it with a file manager I am guessing? Shouldn't be too bad to fix. I had downloaded that from a link here before. Or you can install a different email app like k9

You can kill off that app once you have rooted without problems just need to replace it with something or put it back if you want to do mail other than gmail.
I'll see if I can find that link again

Reactions: dhabell
Upvote 0
Ok you need the email.apk did you delete it with a file manager I am guessing? Shouldn't be too bad to fix. I had downloaded that from a link here before. Or you can install a different email app like k9

You can kill off that app once you have rooted without problems just need to replace it with something or put it back if you want to do mail other than gmail.
I'll see if I can find that link again

I hope thats all it is. Thanks. Ill check back soon.

Upvote 0
What ROM are you on? and did you uninstall or just zot the file?
If you just zapped the file with a file manager then you need a copy of that file to put back in that case are you on A ROM like FK23 or FL04 TW Jelly Bean?

I attached an email.apk install I have. it's older may do the trick

Codegerm

Attachments

• Email.apk
    940.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: dhabell and LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones