1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleted emails from Galaxy still in Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rolinga, Dec 27, 2011.

1. rolinga

rolinga Lurker

When I delete emails from Galaxy Gmail app, they are not deleted from my gmail server. If I go to gmail from my notebook the emails are still there.

Is there any way to delete emails from Galaxy Gmail app and gmail server too?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

Delete the account from SGS2 and set it up again. This time specify it as PREMIUM account. That means when you delete it would be reflected in the Gmail accessed through the web. Same for any other emails.

3. Kie

Kie Android Expert

Unfortunately if you're like me, your gmail is heavily integrated into the device and you can't delete it without doing a factory reset of the phone.

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

You only need to delete google email from the email widget. Not delete the whole google account. IT shouldn't be the same thing.

Kie likes this.
  5. Kie

Kie Android Expert

Thanks! Although I had trouble after deleting the account. Apparently I have to register on the Social Hub, but when I click on and try, it keeps cycling saying I still haven't registered. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I don't have social hub installed :p But again, there doesn't seem to be a way around it.

Edit: Fixed by doing manual setup.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews